Business networking boosted by fruity surprise
More than 20 local businesses networking in the room AND an unexpected dessert! What more can you ask for from a business networking lunch?
At August’s Laptop and Lipstick meeting we welcomed five visitors including past member and Clinical Hypnotherapist Lynda Hudson. Mae Suharevics attended on behalf of IT Support company IGNET. Plus Daniela Noehlen introduced us to her mobile dog grooming business, Woof and Go. Chantel Forbes represented home sitting, dog walking and babysitting company, The Forbes Partnership. And last but not least, we got to meet Aimee Grippman who has joined the Pishon Gold team.
The 10 minutes…
It was over to Helen Hogg from Grugeon Reynolds for this month’s presentation. Helen ran us through a useful tax update to help us all keep abreast of the various allowances and any changes on the horizon.
There was lots of note taking and Helen has promised to email out the presentation.
It was also lovely to find out a little more about Helen herself as she has recently taken over from Karen Cheeseman as our Grugeon Reynolds representative.
- Alex from Therapia reminded us that she specialises in working with lymphedema patients and they may be particularly struggling right now with the warm weather.
- Kate from Utilities Warehouse confirmed that UW is still taking on new customers. So worth a chat if you’re worried about price rises.
- Charley from Short Films thanked Belinda for the introduction to Penge SE20 BID. She is working on a film and there will be drone involvement!
- Josie spoke very highly of Suzanne James catering. She said the service was excellent and the food delicious!
- Jo from Mortgage Confidence thanked Charley for a referral.